Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dreams, Wishes and New Beginnings

     

I am a dreamer...I think of things constantly that I wish or dream  about doing... Vacations that I would love to take, business ventures that interest me just enough to dream about them without trying to worry about making them a reality, GRAND ideas, and small ones too.

The prospect of a new project is something that almost makes me giddy. The dreaming, wishing and planning that brings you to  the beginning of something new. A blank page in a journal or the cleanliness of a blank white canvas just begging to be splashed with color.



The wrecked remains of last years flowers and container gardens yearn to have a new beginning with new bulbs and seeds all fulfilling the dream of growing into something beautiful.



I have this sign above the bed in our guest bedroom because that room also doubles as my craft/art room and the simple message speaks to my soul. I have many hopes, dreams and wishes. Over the years I have developed the love of baking. I liked it so much that last year I invested multiple months ( 4 to be exact)  not to mention money to explore cake decorating. I actually enjoy it so much that I decided to start my own in home bakery called Fat and Sassy's Sweets. I did a ton of orders last year but not enough to have to claim it for taxes or even enough to make a living at it. Being a dreamer, I can imagine one day owning my own place. Not just a bakery but a place that I can decorate (  since I enjoy that as well) , have art being created in a separate studio or classes being taught, as well as it having a vintage/antique feel to it with a small resale.thrift area but that only offers refurbished items , vintage items or antiques.. Of course bakery items would always be available to all customers for purchase. A place full of conversation, love, compassion and community. I dream of a place where people can come and nourish their creative talents, connect with other people and sit and visit over a cup of coffee and a cupcake or cookie.  I KNOW that this is quite a dream but what does it hurt to dream? We have a little travel/business  trailer that sits at the front of our property. It doesn't have electricity in it and it needs some repairs but I would like to make that into my makeshift craft/art studio until such a time that the OTHER dream can either be made into a reality or let go.... Dreams....Maybe someday but for now I will continue to utilize what I have which is pretty awesome except that I can't leave it too messy in case anyone comes to visit. 





God provides us a new beginning each day. He gives us hope, a spirit of love and a longing to dream of the plans that He makes for each of us individually. I look forward to the breaking of a new day as it gives me the opportunity to praise Him for all that He provides and to dream of all that is possible when we put our faith in Him. 


"For I know the plans  I have for you , declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: