Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Take or is that make time to smell the roses

                      STOP and smell the roses

I have often heard the expression take time to smell the roses. In reality taking the time really boils down to MAKING the time.. We use our time so unwisely...
Thing is we aren't guaranteed a specified amount of time. At least not the we have knowledge of. Only God knows the plans he has for each of our lives and the paths that he would have us each travel. Yesterday I asked if you would pray for my mom's. Both had better days today so YAY,  prayers were answered. 

Funny thing though... As I was praying this morning as I was driving ( which is a daily practice since my morning commute is around 50 min to work) I began to not only thank God for the good things in life ( mine , friends and families) but also to thank Him for the trials and hard times too. We want to skirt around those times but just as the footprints poem states, it is then that He carries us. Through hard times he desires nothing more that for us to depend on 
His love, grace and mercy. How many roses are you going to take time to stop and smell? Savor the goodness of God in each delicious, fragrant breath.

The Lord Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand." Isaiah 14:24

No comments: